Digital Poster Submissions
The 27th Australian Orthodontic Congress 2020 (ASO 2020) Organising Committee invites abstract submissions for digital poster presentations.
DIGITAL POSTER SUBMISSION KEY DATES
|Call for Abstracts||Friday, 1 March 2019|
|Call for Abstracts Close||Friday, 6 September 2019|
|Acceptance Notification||Tuesday, 1 October 2019|
|Author Registration Deadline||Wednesday, 11 December 2019|
|Poster Submission Deadline||Friday, 14 February 2020|
Digital poster presentations are an electronic visual display of research projects that delegates will be able to access on their personal devices and view on various screens throughout the Congress. The poster display will be an integral part of the program. Full details and a digital poster template will be sent following acceptance.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING AND FORMATTING YOUR ABSTRACT
- Abstracts must be submitted using the Microsoft Word template.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. Your abstracts must be print ready.
- Maximum number of words is 250.
- Abstract text: Arial 10pt, single spaced, justified.
- Do not include the title of your abstract or author names and affiliations in the document, or themes or keywords (abstract body only). These will be automatically populated on the final abstract document based on the details you entered into the relevant sections in the abstract submission site.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure that the submission has been approved by all authors.
- The Scientific Program Committee will not be responsible for any errors published.
CALL FOR DIGITAL POSTER SUBMISSIONS
Abstract submission is a three step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded into the portal correctly.
STEP 1: Abstract Template
Click the button below to download the Abstract Template, and save it to your desktop. Use the template to populate your abstract in the required format. Abstracts submitted not using this template will be returned to the author for correction.
STEP 2: Create an author account
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, please click on the button below “CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT”. Click the “Create an Author Account” link and enter your contact details. These details are required to create the account. Once you have created an account within this portal you can upload your submissions.
STEP 3: Submitting your Abstract
Once you have logged into the abstract submission portal, click the ‘Submit’ button to access the submission page. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Title’.
- Upload your abstract in a doc. format, following the format used in the Abstract template.
- Add any additional emails to the email correspondence box (any email addresses entered here will be included in the correspondence emails that are sent to you).
- Enter the name and organisation of all Co-Presenters and Co-Authors.
- Ensure you indicate the presenting author(s) for the abstract and include a brief biography, the biography should be no more than 100 words.
GENERAL POLICIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- All abstracts must contain original work of the presenting author(s).
- The presenting author must submit the abstracts.
- Abstracts must be submitted to the Congress Managers via eOrganiser by Monday, 3 June 2019.
- Abstracts will not be accepted via fax, email, mail or USB/CD.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
- Acceptance of abstracts for presentation at the Congress will be based on committee selection.
- All presenting authors will be required to register and pay for the Congress by the author registration deadline of Thursday, 1 August 2019 to ensure that their abstract(s) are included in the final program.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- After an author has submitted their abstract, they must check their submission to ensure the document has been uploaded correctly. Authors are able to check their submission by clicking on the viewing option in the submission form.
- The Congress Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by Internet services outages or other unforeseen events.
NOTIFICATIONS OF AUTHORS
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author by Monday, 1 July 2019. Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Organising Committee whose decision is final.
All presenters must register and pay for the Congress by the author registration deadline of Thursday, 1 August 2019, in order for the presentation to be included in the Congress Program.